Wednesday, March 01, 2006

cellulite is a myth

So I'm starting to get really obsessed with my nutrition book. I'm reading the unassigned chapters. I just learned a couple things that I wanted to share. Hopefully they aren't common knowledge and I'm just a retard:

1. Cellulite is a myth. There is no such thing medically recognized, no "lumpy fat" anywhere on the body. It looks lumpy because the membranes that connect your skin to your muscle get pulled from the fat in your fat ass. Like trying to put 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. (thanks for that one mom)

2. You have a set amount of fat cells in your body that can increase when needed for storage, but will never decrease. Yes, they will shrink with weight loss, but there are always enzymes in your body trying to fill those fuckers up. This is why most people always end up at about the same weight after they quit working out and dieting.

3. Let's say you want to get rid of your flabby arms so you decide to do some arm workouts. There is absolutely no correlation between working out a muscle and decreasing the fat around it. True, you will get muscle tone, but your body naturally dictates what fat storages it uses for energy. All you can do is workout your body everywhere and hopefully everything will shrink. Hopefully not your boobs or for guys, your penis.

Just some fun facts that I was really interested by. I'm trying to tell you nicely that you're fat.

10 Comments:

Blogger SES said...

you should do a rita sexton quotable quotes section, there's gotta be some other gems like "trying to put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag"

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. Liposuction is the best way to look good. People who exercise look tired and people who diet look hungry. People who get cosmetic surgery just look fabulous!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie you explained this to me in a way that I actually understood. I like that.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another fun fact:

If you're a Jewish man in Rhode Island, you can marry your neice. This is what I learn in law school.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Bishai said...

I wonder how Discovery Channel's Mythbusters would bust cellulite? I hope it would involve the bald guy getting really fat, and the walrus guy dropping him off a building to see if he'd bounce off the ground.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and i learned on SVU last night that a dad can have sex with his daughter and he wont go to jail

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought the bald guy was the walrus guy.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right back atcha, this'll bump you to 8

7:49 AM  
Blogger Tommie Shefsky said...

Thanks Sarah-
Oooh now I'm at 9

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's make it an even 10

ps what are you doing tonight?

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home